News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New site for KC area west  (Read 1794 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New site for KC area west
« on: September 22, 2015, 08:29:06 AM »
Ignore the old post of flying in KC area.   Dave Trible has us a new site with the Shawnee Mission Parks Department.  We have to maintain it.  Dave and Kevin Pryor have put a lot of work into it.  Thanks to the sandy soil and dry weather the idiots that don't have respect for park property have been able to put too deep of ruts in the circle doing donuts.   

Anyway if do Google maps look for K-7 Highway and 43rd Street/Road.  It is just south of Bonner Springs KS a little piece south of the Kaw River(Kansas River for newbies).   Go west to Clare Road and turn left, only way you can turn unless you want to drive into the field of crops.   Go to a three way stop sign and take a right turn.   You will see the buildings of a business.  Turn left at second gravel road.  There is no street sign, that is Frisbee Road.   Drive until you clear the tree line and you see the old socker goal posts.  You should see the drive into the circle.   The circle has a ridge of grass marking the boundary of it, idea stolen from the Glue Dobbers of Tulsa OK. 

I am retired and am at home most of the time.  Been slowly working on getting back in shape.  Planes are in the vehicle ready to fly most of the time.  My cell phone:913 553 8635.  Also with the Royals games and watching them with wife I usually don't get up until  0900.  I can set the alarm clock if you want to fly earlier.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here