News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need help learning to fly Anderson In.  (Read 2265 times)

Offline brian sisson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
need help learning to fly Anderson In.
« on: September 29, 2021, 06:23:36 PM »
Would like to learn control line flying. Anderson In.

Offline Mike Alimov

• Commander
Re: need help learning to fly Anderson In.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 12:38:56 PM »
Brian,
you are only a 30 minute drive from the AMA headquarters and the nicest control line circles in the entire country (Muncie, IN)!  The timing is not the best - we are approaching the end of the flying season..  A few months earlier there would be a lot of people gathering for the NATS and other contests that could teach you in a couple of days.
I know that Allen Goff is in Muncie, try to track him down on this forum and send a PM.
There is a CL club in Indianapolis, somewhere on the southwest side by I-465.  Bill Durr, Don Main and Matt Brown are all active flyers from that club.
Going north, there is Dennis Adamisin and Wes Dick in Ft. Wayne about 1.5 hrs away.
Southeast of you, in the Dayton area, there are Bob Storick (aka Sparky, who runs this forum), John Jordan, and Scott Reynolds.

Last but not least - if you are willing to make a 4.5 hr drive each way - there is the Cleveland area club, and I would be happy to teach to fly.  A weekend will suffice, then we can support you through this forum.  I'll PM you with my phone so you can call/text with any questions.

Offline brian sisson

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 06:12:43 PM »
yes I realize it is late almost fall I will try the fella from Muncie. I have been over there before seems not a lot goes on there much most times I been there the place was empty. Thanks

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 07:45:45 AM »
yes I realize it is late almost fall I will try the fella from Muncie. I have been over there before seems not a lot goes on there much most times I been there the place was empty. Thanks

As an AMA member you have open access to the flying site with the exception of when events are taking place. When I lived in Indianapolis, I flew a lot of free flight and would drive there for trimming on a regular basis. Now, living in Wichita there isn't a good place for FF flying but we have a class A CL park.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here