News:

• March 18, 2024, 09:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greater Kansas City Area  (Read 12789 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Greater Kansas City Area
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
I have been in the KC area for over 50 years.  Flew with the KCK Flying Eagles in the 60's and then with the KCMo Sky Devils in the 70-80's.  Have several people in area that fly, but, our schedules don't coincide most of the time.  The field I fly at now is up north at the Northern Knights RC Club field.  I am in the phone book and will be trying to gt a set day to be at field as it is a 28 mile drive one way.  My E-Mail is in this forum.  Have fun,  John E. "DOC" Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Greater Kansas City Area
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
Warning this has not been posted on for at least 120 days and I didn't want to start a new topic.  I am still here at the same address:  10421 West 56th Terrace  Shawnee KANSAS.  Have a local school I can fly on once in a while.  Haven't been to Shawnee Mission Park for some time and the Northern Knights Field is a little far with the gas crunch.  I am in the shop as much as possible so may not answer house phone.  Do look at E-Mail early mornings.  So I am still here. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:38:26 AM »
Hey Doc,

Have you had any takers on this offer?  If not, it can sure be disheartening, considering the population size of the Kansas City Area.  During my 43 years here in Platte City, I have only had the opportunity to teach 5 people (all under 16 years of age) how to fly control line.  I guess I could say 7 people if I count my oldest two kids...........BUt................NEVER GIVE UP!............TDurrill    HB~>      H^^    
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:17:13 AM by Terrence Durrill »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »
Yes this has reached its limit, but why a new post you say.   Dave Trible has acquired a flying site on our side of the state line,  KANSAS.  I am willing to help even tho I am limited in mobility at this time.  It is being taken care of as the right knee got its second treatment.  I live in Shawnee KS and my cell is - 913 553 8635.  If I don't hear the jingle leave a message.   My address is at the end of my posts.  Been here for over 40 years.   The new circle is just NW of 99th and Commerce in Lenexa KS.   15 minutes at most from my house.   Dave is a member on here and is the one who kept us up to date on the NATS and the Team Trials.  His grandson is learning to fly and doing good.   We have now three areas to fly in/at, but this one is the closest.    Also it is much safer than the Shawnee Park circle.  So give me a ring,  PM or E-Mail(jehold662032004 at yahoo dot com).   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »
   Hey John............had any bites lately ?  I'm afraid we have lot out to the I-phones and the other electronic crap the lures and imprisons the human mind.........   ~^     D>K     H^^

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 12:47:25 PM »
John Holliday's current flying field.......August 03, 2020.

How you get there.....        I fly by my self as I never know when I can get to the circle which is south of Bonner Springs.   Take K-7 south to 43rd Street and turn right(go west).  You will come up on the entrance to the sand plant.  Turn left on that street that leads to Lindsey's Auction site.  Just follow the road unless you want to go swimming.   Go past the auction place until you get past the row of trees.   At the end of the trees is the little drive that takes you to the circle that you should be able to see.  I have several mechanical stooges I use, depending on what planes ZI am going to fly.  Was going out today, but my hearing aid died on me.   Going after one of the Wally World cheapies later.    ......   John y1

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here