News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Central Florida  (Read 4240 times)

James_Mynes

• Trade Count: (0)
Central Florida
« on: July 21, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »
I'm getting back into Control Line after a lengthy hiatus. Currently nothing flyable, but the Ringmaster is coming together. I have all the 'stuff' I need, but no partner to share the circle with.
I'll stooge it if I have to, but would prefer to find somebody near Mount Dora (Northern Lake County) to fly, compare notes, and tell lies with.
I know there has to be a few more of you nearby.

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
Re: Central Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »
I am in Orlando,

Work has prevented any flying past  year or so, but I have flown with others around her but not from Mt. Dora that I recall.

Roger V. Is over in Cocoa area with a few guy stat fly at the R/C field, and Phill Coopy in Lake Wales used to host a fly-in each year, but I am not sure of the field status lately.

There is also a group in Tampa, and the X47 club up the coast by St. Augustine / Jacksonville.

Hopefully you can find someone close by, but those are the ones I know of that have been around for a while.
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

James_Mynes

Re: Central Florida
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »
Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I've spoken to a couple of guys that fly at the former Navy base near OIA. Also aware of the groups near Cocoa and Tampa. Those sites are too far for me to want to travel to on a regular basis. A special event (contest, fly-in, etc.) would be OK, but not every weekend.
I've managed to find a couple of guys locally, and another long time control liner with a great piece of property (a grass circle and a paved circle) in Ocklawaha. Although Ocklawaha is a 40 minute drive, there is absolutley zero traffic between here and there, so I don't mind that drive.
What part of Orlando are you in? If you're in the Northwest quad (west of I-4, north of Colonial) then we should get together and get you flying again!
Jim

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here