Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > F2C CL Team Race

SV Hawk F2CN F2F motor order

(1/3) > >>

Mike Callas:
FYI,
Mark Greenwood in the UK is placing an order for the new SV Hawk 2.5 cc diesel F2CN motor.
SV.Hawk f2cn /f2f £280 inc shipping 4 position drum
rpm on 6.5 x 5.5 apc 21000rpm
tested 19.8s for ten laps
email Mark at controlineuk@gmail.com if you are interested

bill bischoff:
F2CN is NOT a beginner's event,and I don't think anyone really believes that it is.

Les Akre:
Personally, I hadn't really thought about it being a beginners event or not, but F2CN does make a good platform for running those old Nelson Diesels, which is why I have one.

Les

Mike Callas:
Les,
What is a good 10 lap time for an F2CN? Right now we are getting around 22s for 10.
Dave is trying to teach me when how to recognize when the motor is going hard over. I am adjusting the comp and needle to get a consistent run that does not go hard over after a warmup period and multiple tanks.
We may have 4 F2CN planes at Whittier later this month. Are you bringing your own fuel?

Mike

bob whitney:

--- Quote from: Mike Callas on October 01, 2019, 12:42:57 AM ---Les,
What is a good 10 lap time for an F2CN? Right now we are getting around 22s for 10.
Dave is trying to teach me when how to recognize when the motor is going hard over. I am adjusting the comp and needle to get a consistent run that does not go hard over after a warmup period and multiple tanks.
We may have 4 F2CN planes at Whittier later this month. Are you bringing your own fuel?

Mike

--- End quote ---
remember ,a race is only 100 laps  .if u practice more than 3 full tanks at a time u will not have the correct setting for a race
one of the problems is the engine cooling off after it is in the air  seeing as u cant add a cowling to the engine ,a good way to control the heat is to add o'rings to the upper cyl to keep the heat in the engine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version