Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > F2C CL Team Race

Rule clarification for F2CN

(1/3) > >>

bill bischoff:
With renewed interest in F2CN (profile team race), it's time to clarify the rules regarding exhaust shrouds/shields/covers. The F2CN rules say they are the same as for F2C unless otherwise noted. Since the F2C exhaust cover attaches to the fuselage, it is generally understood to not be applicable to a profile model. Nonetheless, it is probably a good idea to put it in writing. I will be asking the NCLRA district reps to vote to approve adding the following sentence to the NCLRA rules. "Rule pertaining to exhaust shields or covers shall not apply to F2CN". If approved, this will go into effect in January 2020. Please contact your district rep with your opinion, and feel free to share it here as well.

Bill Bischoff
President, NCLRA

Dave Hull:
Probably a good idea, and agree that now's the time, Bill.

I can't think of any of the engines that are in use that have provisions to attach a muffler. If they did, it would be a very nice feature and I'd sure be willing to try it. But they don't.... (Nelson, Parra, Profi....)

We could probably come up with a reliable way of attaching something useful to the plane on a profile but it would take some work, and would be different for every engine so guys would pretty much be on their own, since there just aren't very many out there....

Dave

Mike Callas:
"With renewed interest in F2CN (profile team race)"
That has a nice ring to it!
When is the next big race for these stink bugs? April in Tx?

BillLee:

--- Quote from: Mike Callas on November 13, 2019, 11:53:22 PM ---"With renewed interest in F2CN (profile team race)"
That has a nice ring to it!
When is the next big race for these stink bugs? April in Tx?

--- End quote ---

If there is anybody else, I will be there.

Bill

Mike Callas:

--- Quote from: BillLee on November 14, 2019, 08:12:52 AM ---If there is anybody else, I will be there.

Bill

--- End quote ---
Hmmmm… F2CN shootout at Dallas in April??? It is kinda in the middle of the country.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version