News:

• March 29, 2024, 10:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kerosene- Competitive Fuel brand  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Mike Callas

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Kerosene- Competitive Fuel brand
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:51:51 AM »
Where are you TR guys getting your Kerosene? Jet A? Home Depot?
I looked up LPA 142, $600/55 gallons, so not real practical.

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
Re: Kerosene- Competitive Fuel brand
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 01:59:20 AM »
Hi Mike

I bought mine from Home depot. I haven't tried any others, I didn't figure I'd gain much from LPA 142 except for an empty wallet. For F2CN and Sport Goodyear use, the good clear stuff that Home Depot sells will be good enough. What are you using for DII??

Les

Offline Mike Callas

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 03:58:39 AM »
Hi Les
Currently Amyl nitrate (Hull's stash) and Octane supreme for TEL.
I did procured some 2 Diethyl Hexyl Nitrate and TEL substitute Ferrocene (per Wee's article) for future batches.

The CL racing group on facebook frowns on using any TEL for the Fora jr, so the bext batch will not have the Octane supreme.
I knackered up the Fora head so Im down until I get another head from TechnoHobby.

Looking for a Profi F2CN motor for a F2CN plane I borrowed. I will use the new ingredients in that motor.

Mike

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »
Hi Les
Currently Amyl nitrate (Hull's stash) and Octane supreme for TEL.
I did procured some 2 Diethyl Hexyl Nitrate and TEL substitute Ferrocene (per Wee's article) for future batches.

The CL racing group on facebook frowns on using any TEL for the Fora jr, so the bext batch will not have the Octane supreme.
I knackered up the Fora head so Im down until I get another head from TechnoHobby.

Looking for a Profi F2CN motor for a F2CN plane I borrowed. I will use the new ingredients in that motor.

Mike

Mike

Here is a link sent to me from Alberto Parra: http://control-line.eu/team-racing.html

It is for the new Sosnovsky F2F engine. If you didn't already know, F2F is basically the Euro version of F2CN, with a bit more open ended rule set.

Mounting pattern may be similar to the Profi. I was told by J Holland that the Profi's wear the piston out rather quickly, don't know if that has changed in the past few years of production. Don't know anything about how well the Sosnovsky motor is built, as I haven't seen a review yet.

Les

Offline Mike Callas

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »
Thanks Les.
Waiting to hear from our friends over there on the Profi.

Mike

Offline Dave Rolley

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 09:16:24 PM »
Mike,

Look for someone in the LA area that has an old F2C engine without an integral fin/liner.  That should be cheaper than buying new.  Dave Braun maybe?

Mount the engine in the proper F2CN orientation to a to a 3/16" plate and then bolt the plate to the fuselage.

Dave 

Offline Mike Callas

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 01:10:46 AM »
Mike,

Look for someone in the LA area that has an old F2C engine without an integral fin/liner.  That should be cheaper than buying new.  Dave Braun maybe?

Mount the engine in the proper F2CN orientation to a to a 3/16" plate and then bolt the plate to the fuselage.

Dave
Thanks Dave
That is a good option if I knew what I was doing. But after a couple of frustrating days with my first diesel, I thought I would want a new motor to eliminate any variables from a used, possibly worn out motor. Plus, I have to face the possibility of screwing up the motor due to inexperience running diesels. So spare parts are a priority. I am looking for a new Profi, possibly the SV Hawk.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here