Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > F2C CL Team Race

Fuel

(1/7) > >>

Motorman:
So, where do you get fuel for an F2C?

Thanks,
MM

Paul Smith:
Just as an observer, it looks to me like the contestants bring kerosene, oil, and ether to the contest and mix as they go along.

Since the Richard Pryor free basing incident ether has been branded a drug-related substance and isn't so easy to get.

I had a couple diesels for a while, but I sold them.  I could not afford a special diesel car and wardrobe of diesel clothes to contain the diesel smell, not to mention the impending stinky diesel divorce.

Motorman:
Thanks I know all that. I'm asking were to buy fuel or ingredients for F2C racing fuel.

MM

GregArdill:
MM
Start with a request to your nearest F2C fliers.

In Oz, fliers take the ingredients to contests. There's usually one or more who can get ether legally and are prepared to onsell it to fellow competitors.

It seems popular in the US to use John Deer starter cans to source ether, at least for sport flying.

Good luck.

Greg

Motorman:
I've used every brand of ether starting fluid in a spray can including John Deer. They all have some kind of top lube and other stuff in them that burns like total black crap and cokes up the motor badly. Need to use about 37% to get enough ether in the mix. Performance was way down. Basically the reason I moved away from diesels.   

MM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version