News:

• March 28, 2024, 12:35:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need a quart of sport diesel fuel to teach kids racing  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Mike Alimov

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Need a quart of sport diesel fuel to teach kids racing
« on: August 17, 2019, 09:00:52 AM »
As the title says. I have a 11- yr old and 13-yr old that I want to teach some racing skills. Using old Clown racers from the days of yore. One of them has an MVVS 2.5. Don’t need gallons of fuel, a quart or two will do. Will be building glow versions over the winter.
I went to the Davis Diesel website and it is down, apparently mr. Davis passed away?
We’re in Ohio.
Thanks for the inputs and ideas / suggestions.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Need a quart of sport diesel fuel to teach kids racing
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 09:48:36 AM »
My basic starting mix: oil 25%,  ether(starting fluid)33%  the rest good grade of kerosene. 

The starting fluid cans have to be inverted to bleed of the propellant in the can.  Then very carefully puncture the can to make holes for pouring and venting the can. 

The kerosene has to be clear as a glass of drinking water.  Any color means it is old kerosene.   I get mine at ACE Hardware.

Caster oil can be found  at most racing shops or SIG Mfg. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Tom Vieira

Re: Need a quart of sport diesel fuel to teach kids racing
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 06:04:27 AM »
i just mixed some using john deere starting fluid (80% ether, highest advertised concentration i know if), Kerosene, and Klotz BeNol (you can get it on amazon).  i did 1/3 of each, but it was heavy on oil.  next batch will be less.  it was plenty of fuel for an evening!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here