Electric Stunt > ESC Settings

The Cookbook?

<< < (2/2)

smithms3:
I am starting out with electric and maybe you can point me in the right direction.  I am using a CC Talon ESC coupled with a Hubin FM-9 timer.  My problem is that I have been unable to command the RPM I want.  I am using the Control Line Vehicle Type which does not allow for an RPM setting within the ESC; I am setting RPM using the Hubin Timer.  My system should be able to achieve over 12,000 rpm (1100 KV motor / 3S LiPo) but I have not been able to exceed 10,000 RPM.

Lowering the RPM setting in the timer below 10,000 RPM permits control down to approximately 7,000 RPM but anything above 10,000 RPM is effectively ignored.

Thanks for the suggestions on brake cutoff settings.

Regards, Mark Smith

CircuitFlyer:
Could be the Scotty effect. “I’ve given her all she’s got, Captain. She canna go any faster”. Have you tried a smaller diameter/lower pitch prop?

smithms3:
Thanks for the 'nudge', CircuitFlyer.  I had considered it but felt I had a matched setup but with your comment I went back and double-checked.  It looks like I am on the ragged edge or just beyond - definitely to the point that if anything loads up the ESC will not be able to hold RPM; the Star Trek reference was spot on.

My line length is already longer than I would like so I plan to lower the commanded RPM (to a more reasonable value), confirm/change my line length for the desired lap time, and test the setup.  Weather permitting, I may get a shot tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version