News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: programming for the KR flight timmer.  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
programming for the KR flight timmer.
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »
I had a long talk with Eric Rule about using the KR timmer and the information I got out of this conversation was to not program anything in for the RPM as then the timmer and the esc fight over the rpm and it will not work properly. A good thing to remember if u use this flight timmer. HB~> HB~>

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: programming for the KR flight timmer.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:27:21 AM »
I am assuming that you mean not to program any RPM settings in your ESC.  The KR is meant to be used with ESC's that do NOT have a "Governor" mode or that have it disabled.  The KR timer itself does the Governor funtion and there really is no way to turn that function off in the timer itself.  It comes preset and you can change it up or down.
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »
I am assuming that you mean not to program any RPM settings in your ESC.  The KR is meant to be used with ESC's that do NOT have a "Governor" mode or that have it disabled.  The KR timer itself does the Governor funtion and there really is no way to turn that function off in the timer itself.  It comes preset and you can change it up or down.
correct and the thing I like about this timer is the fact that you can change rpm settings very easily but I do recommend a helper as the rpm needs to be changed with a tack in hand.

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:41:35 PM »
Here's what we have the ZTW factory set the default programming in the ESC's so that they work perfectly with  the KR Governor.

1) Battery Type - Lipo
2) RPM - RPM OFF
3) Start – Start Accel  ( the KR Governor has an automatic soft start so this is not needed on the ESC)
4) Brake - ON
5) Timing - Auto
6) Rotation - Reverse
7) Cut off Voltage – 3.2V
8) Cut off power – Reduce Power

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here