Electric Stunt > ESC Settings

Norm Whittle's Excellent Cookbook

(1/2) > >>

Dean Pappas:
Hello Friends,
It has taken far to long for me to create a PDF of this for Norm and to post it here
What follows is a step-by-step how to describing the ESC and timer setups used by Norm in his E-Sultan with a Castle ICE50 ESC and Wil Hubin FM-9 Timer.
Enjoy ...
This is a sticky thread, and as such, I will feel free as moderator to prune the branches in order to keep the thread short, sweet and therefore useful without reading like Tolstoy.
Do take the time to send Norm a thank-you.
Regards,
 Dean P.

keith varley:
    Last autumn I decided to dabble into E-Stunt .After asking a few questions about the topic , from Paul Walker and Norm Whittle , it was extremely clear to me that I was getting in way over my head ,as far as having any understanding of the technical side .I had no idea ,even what the common terms meant .Not to be dissuaded , I forged ahead ,and built an E-Sultan,and purchased the necessary equipment , with the understanding that Norm's Cookbook ,then under development , would get me started in a safe and successful manner.Now the plane is in the air , and the impression it gives to me , is that it is WAY WONDERFUL . I am able to understand what the various settings on the E.S.C. actually do and am no longer afraid because of my e-ignorance. Also it was clear from the first short flight that the design is superb , and flies very,very well , thanks to the low drag concept that Norm has designed into it.
   I certainly would not have had the successful outcome , if it had not been for Norm's Cookbook to lean on , and Norm has been very helpful in all phases of my project.It is my understanding that the Cookbook will soon be in Stunt News ,followed by an article on the E-Sultan.
    It is time for ----"THANK YOU NORM".
Keith Varley

Wayne Smith:
Just a note to let you know that this is a very informative tool for any flyer that wishes to get into electric flight.

Dean Pappas:
Hello Friends,
This and the next post will have the two-part downloadable PDF of Norm's excellent Cookbook ... this time it's the revised version 2!

Dean Pappas:
And here's part two. The breakup into two pieces is the result of new material blowing the limit on attachment size.
Dean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version