News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jeti Spin Pro 22 not powering timer  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Chris Burkhardt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Jeti Spin Pro 22 not powering timer
« on: March 19, 2023, 11:34:28 AM »
I have a Jeti Spin Pro 22 ESC that I bought to use with Igor's active timer.  I was able to program the Spin pro and the timer using a Jeti box.  When I assembled everything to bench test nothing happens.  I check the voltage to the timer with my multimeter, I get 0.  I hooked the timer and motor to my ZTW Mantis ESC and it timer tells the motor to spin.

Is there a setting on the Jeti ESC to enable the BEC?  I'm pretty stumped here.

Thanks,

Chris

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Jeti Spin Pro 22 not powering timer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 04:45:42 PM »
I have a Jeti Spin Pro 22 ESC that I bought to use with Igor's active timer.  I was able to program the Spin pro and the timer using a Jeti box.  When I assembled everything to bench test nothing happens.  I check the voltage to the timer with my multimeter, I get 0.  I hooked the timer and motor to my ZTW Mantis ESC and it timer tells the motor to spin.

Thanks,

Chris
I was told that the Spin Pro does not work with Igor's timers.  You need the std. Spin which are hard to find.  I am using the pro on a Fiorotti with no issues.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Chris Burkhardt

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 06:57:50 PM »
Thanks Ken,

I found a ZTW 20 amp to use with the Igor timer.  I still would like to use the Spin Pro on another plane. where did you get for fiorotti?

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 07:18:55 PM »
Thanks Ken,

I found a ZTW 20 amp to use with the Igor timer.  I still would like to use the Spin Pro on another plane. where did you get for Fioretti?
I think Okie is the US distributor.  Fiorotti has a web site http://cltimer.com.  They are a top line timer but a bit pricy but if you need an active timer you can't go wrong with one of them.  If you have a Jetti box for the Spin you can use it for the Fiorotti as well.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 12:46:37 AM »

Hi Chris, here you can see Spin Pro menu:

http://maxbee.net/download/spin_pro_schema-de-en-cz-2012.pdf

As far as I know the power voltage is fixed, you cannot change it. There are only "opto" Spins without 5V pins, but I think only 66 version, not 22. They need separate power source for timer.

I think there is something faulty with your Spin. Try to connect Jetibox to the ESC and it will show you actual voltage. If timer works with other ESC and if also Jetibox does not work there can be broken connector, cable or slide switch.

BTW Spin 22 (means not PRO version) is not in production as well as 33 version.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 01:00:18 AM »
I was told that the Spin Pro does not work with Igor's timers.  You need the std. Spin which are hard to find.  I am using the pro on a Fiorotti with no issues.

Ken

Of course it works. The true inromation is that Spin non PRO works better. The point is that Spin PRO does not contain regime tuned for CL called Heli3D. Psin pro did trade, regimes for telemetry (which we do not use). So in PRO version we lost that tuned part of firmware. That all means that spin pro is suboptimal FOR C/L USE not only for my timer. And since I do not see reason to pay expensive equipment which does not work in its best parameters, I do not recomment usage of slower ESC. That is all.

And why speed of regulation matters? We know it also from IC, just imagine loop. If it brakes later, it can happen it will brake up hill and accelerate down hill. If it accelerate down hill, it will not have force to brake on bottoms in strong wind. Spin pro is 0,1 to 0,2s slower, that is what experienced flyer feels as discomfort in wind. At least I did  ;D

Offline Chris Burkhardt

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 09:52:19 AM »
 Thanks Igor!  Looks like the ESC is not supplying power to the timer.

Offline Chris Burkhardt

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 09:14:57 AM »
I talked with the Jeti USA representative.  Unfortunately, I burned out the BEC circuit on my ESC when I hooked it and a power supply up to the Jeti Box.  I'll just need to use this on a twin engine plane, or use a separate 5v power supply to the timer.  I do like the idea of designing a semi scale airplane; maybe the BOAC version of the Dehavilland Mosquito or the Cessna 340.

On another note, in researching these things, I looked at the Max Bee design yet again.  It looks very straight forward from a construction standpoint.  Does the control system have the same geometry as that published in the Stunt News articles?

Offline dc stunt

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 08:08:30 PM »
Pro has two wires that come out of esc unlike spin. Make sure u hook up the right one to timer.
I forgot which one, either red or the black. One is for telemetry and one is for power signal.

Best
Dv
L-201

Offline Chris Burkhardt

• New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 12:20:53 PM »
thanks DV

Advertise Here

Advertise Here