Electric Stunt > ESC Settings

Jeti Spin Pro 22 not powering timer

(1/2) > >>

Chris Burkhardt:
I have a Jeti Spin Pro 22 ESC that I bought to use with Igor's active timer.  I was able to program the Spin pro and the timer using a Jeti box.  When I assembled everything to bench test nothing happens.  I check the voltage to the timer with my multimeter, I get 0.  I hooked the timer and motor to my ZTW Mantis ESC and it timer tells the motor to spin.

Is there a setting on the Jeti ESC to enable the BEC?  I'm pretty stumped here.

Thanks,

Chris

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Chris Burkhardt on March 19, 2023, 11:34:28 AM ---I have a Jeti Spin Pro 22 ESC that I bought to use with Igor's active timer.  I was able to program the Spin pro and the timer using a Jeti box.  When I assembled everything to bench test nothing happens.  I check the voltage to the timer with my multimeter, I get 0.  I hooked the timer and motor to my ZTW Mantis ESC and it timer tells the motor to spin.

Thanks,

Chris

--- End quote ---
I was told that the Spin Pro does not work with Igor's timers.  You need the std. Spin which are hard to find.  I am using the pro on a Fiorotti with no issues.

Ken

Chris Burkhardt:
Thanks Ken,

I found a ZTW 20 amp to use with the Igor timer.  I still would like to use the Spin Pro on another plane. where did you get for fiorotti?

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Chris Burkhardt on March 19, 2023, 06:57:50 PM ---Thanks Ken,

I found a ZTW 20 amp to use with the Igor timer.  I still would like to use the Spin Pro on another plane. where did you get for Fioretti?

--- End quote ---
I think Okie is the US distributor.  Fiorotti has a web site http://cltimer.com.  They are a top line timer but a bit pricy but if you need an active timer you can't go wrong with one of them.  If you have a Jetti box for the Spin you can use it for the Fiorotti as well.

Ken

Igor Burger:

--- Quote from: Chris Burkhardt on March 19, 2023, 11:34:28 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Hi Chris, here you can see Spin Pro menu:

http://maxbee.net/download/spin_pro_schema-de-en-cz-2012.pdf

As far as I know the power voltage is fixed, you cannot change it. There are only "opto" Spins without 5V pins, but I think only 66 version, not 22. They need separate power source for timer.

I think there is something faulty with your Spin. Try to connect Jetibox to the ESC and it will show you actual voltage. If timer works with other ESC and if also Jetibox does not work there can be broken connector, cable or slide switch.

BTW Spin 22 (means not PRO version) is not in production as well as 33 version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version