Electric Stunt > ESC Settings

Huban or esc issue

(1/3) > >>

Horby:
I am throwing this out there for a friend who is using the Castle esc's and Huban timers.
Last year he had one of his planes mysteriously over run on time and wreck expensive batteries because the esc or the timer did not shut things down in time. He ended up trying new batteries and the problem went away. Over the week end it happened to him again but with a differen plane but the exact same issue and puffed up his battery good. Both planes are using the same type esc and timer and now a second plane fell victom to the over run. Can any one shed some light on this? Has any one else using Castle esc with Huban timers run into this before?

Warren

Tim Wescott:
He should describe the problem to Will Hubin.  If this was an ESC issue I think there'd be screaming from all the RC guys about their ESC getting stuck.

He could always swap out the timer or the ESC and try again -- granted, the fact that the problem only happens occasionally makes it hard to know if it's really been fixed.

Crist Rigotti:
What are his ESC settings?  There is a low voltage cutoff in the ESC that can be set to prevent this thing from ever happening regardless of what the timer is doing.  My guess your friend needs to revisit his ESC settings or post a detailed list of his settings.  I'm thinking that the Low Voltage cutoff is set to a "Soft" cutout and not a hard one and his set point is too low like maybe 3 volts?  Should be higher like 3.2 or so.

John Cralley:
 What Crist says. Need details! What were the ESC settings? Which Hubin timer was he using and what were the timer settings? What batteries were being used and how deep were they normally being discharged?

As Crist suggests deep discharge of the batteries with too low a cutoff voltage setting in the ESC could give such a scenario.

Horby:
I am going to try and get him to chime in on this. In further discussions, I think he does not have the LVC set high enough.
But it doesent solve the over run on time. Does the Huban require a min voltage?

Warren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version