Electric Stunt > ESC Settings

FIELD LINK PORTABLE PROGRAMMER FOR FLYING anyone use this?

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Toth:
I was just on the Castle site and saw the field link portable programmer, has anyone used this? It seems like the useful setting is the governor gain and maybe the motor timing.

Best,   DennisT

Shorts,David:
It does work at the field if you have a laptop, but in my experience is just as well used at home. It is nearly night and day switching a Castle esc from the R/C mode (default) to the C/L mode. Plus I changed the prop strike setting (i.e. Peak Amps), but only after I fried a motor on a noseover on take off. There is also what type of spool up and shut down you like. I only used it at home, and only twice for my last electric plane.
 At a larger meet once, my dad's setup was totally off and I forget which member here happened to have the link with him and saved my dad's bacon that day.

Teodorico Terry:
I think that he is interested in the blue tooth version of the link.  I have also been thinking about, much easier than having to bring a computer to the field.

Bob Hudak:
I have the Castle field link programming card you are referring to. In my honest opinion it is a P.O.S. It isn't worth what it cost. Take a laptop to the field to get your plane set up,once you have it set to your liking you're done

Mark wood:

--- Quote from: Bob Hudak on November 07, 2021, 07:41:32 AM ---I have the Castle field link programming card you are referring to. In my honest opinion it is a P.O.S. It isn't worth what it cost. Take a laptop to the field to get your plane set up,once you have it set to your liking you're done

--- End quote ---

Almost two up on that. I wouldn't quite use POS for the interface but definitely in sucks to have to take a laptop with you to trim / adjust in the field. That's why I don't use the Castle and have gone to Jetti Spin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version