Electric Stunt > ESC Settings

FIELD LINK PORTABLE PROGRAMMER FOR FLYING anyone use this?

<< < (2/2)

Teodorico Terry:
Hello,

I probably should have posted my question about the Talon 35 here, but I have been using the blue-tooth enabled Castle B-link to program my ESCs at the field. It works and you have access to the same settings as you would if using the normal link along with you computer.  The beauty of this one is that it was work with a smart phone.  It is also easy to use.  At this time it does not allow you to look at the logged data; hopefully in the future.

Teo

Dennis Toth:
Teo,
Can you adjust the rpm with it? That was the only thing you could not do with the old card unit.

Best,    DennisT

Teodorico Terry:
Dennis,

Yes, this version of the link has the same functionality as the one which hooks up to a computer.  You can change RPM, change governing modes, battery counts, cutoffs, brake settings, etc.  The only thing that it cannot do at this time is upload the logged data.

I like it.  It can be a little awkward at first but it works well enough.

Teo

Dennis Toth:
Is it available as a download from Castle? I assume it plugs into the timer connection and you use the ships battery to power the ESC during programing?

Best,   DennisT

Teodorico Terry:
Dennis,

The software is available through Googleplay and it is free to download to your phone.  They have a version that works with I-Phones as well as Android phones.  The link itself connects to the ESC plug and it is meant to be connected between the ESC and receiver if you are flying R/C.  In our case the ESC simply plugs into it.  It is fairly easy to use and after playing with it for a few minutes it becomes intuitive.

Teo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version