News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:28:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: E-Flite 25Amp Brushless ESC cannot enter the programming mode  (Read 11645 times)

Offline Matt Piatkowski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
E-Flite 25Amp Brushless ESC cannot enter the programming mode
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:34:18 AM »
Hello,
I cannot enter into the programming mode of E-Flite 25 Amps Brushless ESC (EFLA325A).

ESC is healthy and works ok; please see the attachment.

When I turn on the transmitter with the throttle stick in IDLE position and hook up the battery ( 3S LiPo used), the ESC reacts with three beeps and then with two beeps indicating that the motor is armed.

Then, when I move the throttle stick away from me, the motor starts and reaches the maximum RPM.

Does anybody know how to enter the programming mode of this particular ESC?

Please note that this ESC is different from EFLA1025 Pro ESC for which the instructions are available.
I could not find the programming instructions for my EFLA325A ESC on the web.

Thank you,
Matt

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: E-Flite 25Amp Brushless ESC cannot enter the programming mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 04:04:41 PM »
Most ESC's that use stick programming enter Programming Mode if you power on the transmitter first, move the stick to FULL throttle, then power on the Receiver/ESC.  Don't know what kind of beeps or sounds it will make from there.  (You need a motor hooked up to the ESC to hear any programming beeps).
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Matt Piatkowski

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
Hello,
I have confirmed that EFLA325A cannot be programmed and I bought another ESC that supposed to be good to 30 Amps.
This one was seriously overheating in 24-27.7 A range after 1.5-2 minutes and was shutting down the motor.

I have returned it and bought another one, also 30 Amps.

This one, Sky Surfer 30A ESC Hobbywing ( www.sonicmodell.com) is programmable and is getting barely warm after five minutes run on the ground.

I am running Cobra 2808/22 (Kv=1330) with 9x6 APC E prop. turning CCW on 3S 2200mAh 30C Battery with this ESC and KR governor.
The model is made of paper-foam-paper sandwich, weights 25.5 oz RTF and is rather small but flies surprisingly well on 50' 0.012 lines.

Please see the attachment showing today's ground tests using eLogger and the RPM sensor.

The data from flight tests will follow.
Thanks,
M

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »
I am running Cobra 2808/22 (Kv=1330) with 9x6 APC E prop. turning CCW on 3S 2200mAh 30C Battery with this ESC and KR governor.
The model is made of paper-foam-paper sandwich, weights 25.5 oz RTF and is rather small but flies surprisingly well on 50' 0.012 lines.

Picture, please!
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline CircuitFlyer

• Commander
    • www.circuitflyer.com
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 07:45:02 PM »
Tim,

You'd be surprised how well it actually flies.  We'll have to get a video of Matt flying to post up.  It started out as a 'Flight Test' foamy RC kit.  Matt made a few modifications to make it suitable for control line.  He intended it to be an experimental test bed for learning about the electric powered stuff but it also turned out as a great stunt trainer to boot.

Matt,

I'm interested to see how much the current drops in flight.  The 1300 mAh 20C batteries are running close to their 'C' limit (1.3 x 20 = 26A).  I guess that's why the 2200 mAh batteries perform better.

Paul
Paul Emmerson
Spinning electrons in circles in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada DIY Control Line Timers - www.circuitflyer.com

Offline Matt Piatkowski

• Captain
Little Great White, eLogger and flight tests
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 05:16:34 AM »
Hi Paul,
The data I recorded using eLogger on Sunday is garbage - I forgot to calibrate eLogger.
Now, the eLogger is properly zeroed and calibrated and I will have the in-flight V, A and RPM v/s time graphs soon.

My estimate based only on my gut feel and many e-discussions with Keith Renecle is that the average in-flight current for ANY electric system with brushless motor should be somewhere between 70-85% of the average static current for the same electric system.

If this is close to the truth, I will call it "The 3/4 Rule".

I started building the wing for KR EZE that will have Cobra 2820/12.

Regards,
M

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here