News:

• March 28, 2024, 12:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CC ICE50 data viewing?  (Read 31075 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
CC ICE50 data viewing?
« on: December 31, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »
Guys,
I did a test run to get some amp draw data using a CC ICE50 ESP. I have not used this feature before so I thought it would be part of the Castle Link package, which it was not. How does one view the data recorded?

Best,     DennisT

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: CC ICE50 data viewing?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »
Have you checked the Castle Website?
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 07:25:47 PM »
You view it thru the logging section, you will need to download logged data to view
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »
I heard if you enable the data logging it screws up the flight.

MM

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:35:28 PM »
I have not noticed any difference in esc performance with data logging turned on,

Amp draw  gives good data to show the differences in props, motors and windy conditions,

The data is most useful if you have a shutdown or power issue, no more guessing what goes on, the information for exact isolation  of problem is there .

It is also a good way to identify when your battery power is getting marginal because of extreme number of cycles or
Defective battery..

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:33:23 PM »
MM,
I mentioned, on another thread, that datalogging could cause ticking with the Castle ESC.  It is an audible ticking that I could hear from the middle of the circle.  It did not seem to change the flight when datalogging was on or off, but the ticking cycled with datalogging on and was gone with off.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/castle-creations-inc/faq-data-logging/612419222131502/

It is apparently rare in the newer ESCs but can occur with some combinations of motors and esc's.
Fred

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »
OK, I see on the Castle Link software the tab labeled "Logging". Clicking on it opens a tab that allows one to choose what items you want to capture.

Question - the sample frequency - what should it be set on for high (15K+) rpm?

Once I get this all set I assume that you then need to run the system to get data? Any minimum run time?

Once the system is run to get the data do you need to connect up the Castle Link and go to the Logging tab; click on the "Download Logged Data" tab; (I did this and it indicated that it could not download data?).

If it downloads due you launch the Castle Link "Graph View" to view the data? Once opened, do you click "file" load data? Will it open the data the ESC logged? How do we know what files to load?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 11:03:27 AM »
Higher frequency seems to give a bit more detail, but less minutes of data.  You can also choose to dump data and start over with a new start and basically log one flight at a time. The information icons explain.  No minimum runtime needed, but again, if you dump on startup you must download after each run if you want to see data, even if there is room for several runs.  I can't remember the exact runtime for recording at top frequency, but about 7 minutes if I recall correctly. If short flights, then you might not choose autodump.  If no autodump, you may stop recording when full and not be aware.

I used a short RC servo extension between my timer and esc lead so that I could easily disconnect the timer and hook to the Castle link with that "break point." 

Hook up to the link and then view directly on a computer with download.  You can then choose to save the data which will create a computer file, and then to later view that file, the graph view. When you select load, you then sees the available files to choose from, those that you have saved.  When you save a datalog you will create a title/name for the datalog with your choice of identifiers so that you can select it from a list of other saved datalog files.

All of that said, I turn off datalogging except for when I specifically wish to look at something.  Datalogging caused "ticking" and I had some difficulty with the system seeming to have a difficult time deciding which way to turn with the datalogger on.  It worked, but seemed to have hesitation.  Ticking and the hesitation seemed to come and go with datalogging.  Castle suggested that it would not cause harm, but it was annoying and I got most of the benefit from datalogging early on in setting up the system.
Fred

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »
Success!!! Today I was able to get flight data from my ICE 50 with very good results. I did three things prior to flying today. First I downloaded castle link 3.63 (current version), I had upgraded my PC to Windows 10 not long ago and the 3.63 version indicated it was compatible with Windows 10. Second I "clear data" on the Logging tab. Last, I went through the ESC setting for my particular motor.

Flew today and was able to get data downloaded and displayed, showed me the information I was looking for.

Thanks for the input to this thread, hope this helps someone else who is struggling with this issue.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 05:43:57 PM »
Flew again today and got good data at a higher rpm setting. Question, do you have to clear the data from the prior flight or can you do multiple flights and see successive flight data?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 08:06:29 PM »
In the logging screen click on the "?" icon of automatic data reset and you can see options from always erase on power up, or when a battery is plugged in, to varying percentages full before erase, to disabled erase.  Of course the total number of flights logged will also depend on the sample frequency chosen.
Fred

Advertise Here
Tags: data  ICE50 

Advertise Here