Design > Engineering board

Twisted wing panel with correction tab - loss of lift?

<< < (4/4)

Trostle:
Something to consider:  Put equal size trim tabs on the TE of both wings, both to counter the warp in the one wing.  Will help neutralize the drag of just one trim tab on one wing.

Keith

Air Ministry .:
I find if you set it on a packed plank , outdoors over a few nights , with a board with a few packers / spacers etc , and a car battery or suchlike on it , the moisture cycles free it off & hold it set .

A nasty one , take it equal opposite twist , as itll ' come back ' a way over a week or so . GENERALLY  ' Butrate ' dope in excess & huridly  has a bearing on the cause . Can take years to ' gas off ' fully .

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Air Ministry . on June 17, 2022, 12:24:52 AM ---I find if you set it on a packed plank , outdoors over a few nights , with a board with a few packers / spacers etc , and a car battery or suchlike on it , the moisture cycles free it off & hold it set .

A nasty one , take it equal opposite twist , as itll ' come back ' a way over a week or so . GENERALLY  ' Butrate ' dope in excess & huridly  has a bearing on the cause . Can take years to ' gas off ' fully .

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a good thing to try.  It certainly works on bare balsa -- whether to turn straight wood into bent, by storing it wrong, or to turn bent wood into straight, by storing it really flat for several months.

phil c:

--- Quote from: Dan McEntee on March 21, 2021, 11:11:28 PM ---     I have always been fond of flying wings, and built gliders in that configuration as a kid, and hope to some more in retirement. I

--- End quote ---

It's sad to see that air combat doesn't just occur in wars.  Just like today. the political conflicts can be just as dangerous.
The current election is wrapping up with a lot of vote count raggeling.  Very few nominees will be able to claim clear cut victories.
Regardless of the law there is too much monkey business going on.

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Chuck_Smith on March 22, 2021, 05:29:07 AM ---Even the B2 was only an experiment in low RCS and a symptom of the Reagan era love of throwing money at defense programs like Star Wars or the F117 (how long did they last?)

--- End quote ---

I don't know, my part of it was designed for a mean mission duration of 7 years, started fielding it in 1994, sounds like 4x to me, and with no clear end in sight.

Another ex post facto defense expert...

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version