Design > Engineering board

Self-Centering Ciphering

<< < (2/3) > >>

944_Jim:
I try to learn new things regularly...but this one is making me feel stupid! I can't find some of those symbols on my phone's "keyboard." HB~>
Mr.Howard's post looks an awful lot like signage outside Bagdad to me...and I mean the one in Iraq. This is more proof that these models are more than "just silly toys."

Lauri Malila:
Hi Howard,

Maybe I don't know what I'm writing about, so please correct if necessary.
Could you add also the handle geometry to your cipherings? I think the bellcrank alone tells only half of the story. As an example;

-With the Yatsenko stuff there is a big bell crank with quite a lot of this "self-centering" overhang, and a handle with very little overhang (line pivot point is about in line with knuckles).

-If you look at the Chinese school models, they use a tiny (even down to 70mm line spacing, like in 2-time world champion Zhang's Skywriter) bellcrank with no overhang, and quite a bit of overhang in the handle. Chinese models are very light.

To me the minimum overhang in the handle makes more sense, as the "self centering" feeling changes less between different wind conditions.

Cheers, Lauri

Howard Rush:

--- Quote from: Lauri Malila on January 15, 2023, 04:08:59 AM ---Could you add also the handle geometry to your cipherings?

--- End quote ---

I'll try.  The handle is on the other side of the spring, so it's different.  It's difficult to compensate for airplane problems with the handle. I remember thinking about handle overhang awhile back, but I forgot what I thought.  I think one might approach the handle-lines-airplane combination like Dolby noise reduction: what can you do with the handle and airplane to diminish the line spring effect?

Howard Rush:

--- Quote from: 944_Jim on January 14, 2023, 04:55:33 PM ---This is more proof that these models are more than "just silly toys."

--- End quote ---

More likely this is more proof that I can't write very clearly.

Air Ministry .:
The handle overhang seems to be a sort of ' dampner ' ( Shock absorber in U.S.Speak . ) zero  overhang , no resistance . 12 in. overhang , to much resistance . so damps hand  Tremmers ! .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version