Design > Engineering board

Line tension controlled ESC timer

<< < (16/16)

Alan Hahn:

--- Quote from: Igor Burger on December 10, 2009, 02:00:40 PM --- ;D ... so why did not you use eagletree and usual heli gyro? you not need to do anything, just plug few connectors

--- End quote ---

The issue there is that the small e-logger doesn't support the gyro's or the accelerometers, so you need the bigger Flight Data recorder+ the sensors. I was going to say it is more costly too, but that assumes the time you take to learn and actually program something like the logomatic is zero! LL~

It would have been nice if the Eagletree elogger system would support "foreign" sensors, but up to now it doesn't. But at least they allow you to read out their altimeter and airspeed (I2C) sensors.

Igor Burger:
hmmm ... looks like I remember wrong ... I thought it has usual servo input :-(

Igor Burger:
haaaaaaah ... yes, it has throttle input, so you can logg output of the gyro

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/3.htm

Alan Hahn:
That's a good point as long as the gyro puts out a PWM signal (1-2ms), which of course a heli gyro would. I am not sure what the gyro puts out without an input (typically a 50 Hz input coming from a rudder output on a Heli), but I haven't looked either.

I'll also comment that my data logger is the V2 version. I have been resisting buying the newer V3 version, but I am guessing that "resistance is futile".

Igor Burger:
Usual rate gyro puts input signal to output (repeats it), but adds small difference regrading its angular velocity * gain. So have to feed him by something - for example signal from timer.

On picture - you can see my attempt to control rudder by a gyro feeded from timer and powered 4nicd  LL~ ... that was age before lipos ... looks lile I am getting old  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version