Design > Engineering board

E = MC squared ! G- metre / recorder.

(1/4) > >>

Air Ministry .:
 There must be some little electronic contrivance avaliable ,
 at about 3/4 Ounce Wt.  ?

Alan Hahn:
Eagletree makes a 2 axis accelerometer --although I am not sure it works with their small data recorder. Otherwise you can get some evaluation kits from some manufacturers.

Personally I'd like a 3 axis one so I would always know which way down was. It would make it easier to tag locations in the pattern to measure airspeeds.

Larry Cunningham:
Analog Devices had a line of low cost solid state accelerometers, dual or single axis, e.g. ADXL210, which fit
into about 1 square inch, you could make up a one cubic inch 3 axis accelerometer. However, I haven't looked
at them in a long time, and it appears that some of the products I had looked at are obsolete. Check out Digikey or similar electronic supply houses for one chip accelerometers. Depends if you are rolling your own or not, whether the chip parts are useful.

Some of the RC helicopter telemetry hardware manufacturers might have what you are looking for, say Eagle Tree may have a module for it, they have data logger systems.

Google, man, Google! ;->

L.

"Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside." -Alexander Pope

Air Ministry .:

Presumably a small electromagnet , mounted in silicon jell.With an adjacend coil and a watch battery would be someway there.

calibrated in a centrifuge ( variable speed drill ? ) for an electronically dispossed type hobbyist .

Larry Cunningham:
The solid state ones are tiny and clever, even elegant in concept - G forces distort a semiconductor "micromachine" structure, changing capacitance to modulate pulse width of a digital output. Its circuitry includes an oscillator, signal conditioner, filter, and pulse width modulator..  (Some versions produce a calibrated analog output signal.) Inexpensive, precise and simple to interface; I doubt that rolling your own could be terribly practical here.. ;->

L.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.
A. George Gobel: "Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version