Design > Engineering board

Centrifugal Force Calculator

<< < (3/5) > >>

Serge_Krauss:
There are also aero forces from prop wash along the fuselage, from out-thrust, from any asymmetrical turbulence, from asymmetry of the fuselage ('lift'), from any yawing of the fuselage from the tangential, and from the outward canting of the nose to the relative wind when the fuselage axis is actually tangent to the circle.  For instance, when the fuselage axis is tangent to the flight circle, were it not from prop wash, the relative wind would be outward against the surface of the nose on the inside of the circle. That is, the nose is at an angle directed outside of the flight circle (tail would be the other way). FWIW...

Howard Rush:

--- Quote from: Serge_Krauss on March 29, 2020, 09:37:48 PM ---There are also aero forces from prop wash along the fuselage, from out-thrust, from any asymmetrical turbulence, from asymmetry of the fuselage ('lift'), from any yawing of the fuselage from the tangential, and from the outward canting of the nose to the relative wind when the fuselage axis is actually tangent to the circle.  For instance, when the fuselage axis is tangent to the flight circle, were it not from prop wash, the relative wind would be outward against the surface of the nose on the inside of the circle. That is, the nose is at an angle directed outside of the flight circle (tail would be the other way). FWIW...

--- End quote ---

Yes, as you said above.  "Centrifugal force" is the mV2/R part.  I think Brett is generalizing the term to line tension felt at the handle.   

It is interesting to plot stuff like control deflection vs. non-rock-on-a-string force considering line bow from line drag and line elasticity.  I was working on that awhile back. I looked at the program tonight and couldn't figure what it did.  Such is dementia and poor documentation. 

Igor Burger:

VD~

... just for info, wind (~1 m/s) is blowing TO the camera

Wolfgang Nieuwkamp:
Howard,
the program just calculates F1 in my drawing.
Regards,
Wolfgang

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Howard Rush on March 30, 2020, 01:57:43 AM ---Yes, as you said above.  "Centrifugal force" is the mV2/R part.  I think Brett is generalizing the term to line tension felt at the handle.   

It is interesting to plot stuff like control deflection vs. non-rock-on-a-string force considering line bow from line drag and line elasticity.  I was working on that awhile back. I looked at the program tonight and couldn't figure what it did.  Such is dementia and poor documentation.

--- End quote ---

Right. I was commenting on the centrifugal force VS what was measured by load cells on the lines, which was said to have a discrepancy.

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version