News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB ABC piston and cylinder set for OS SF .46 ?????????????????  (Read 878 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
WTB ABC piston and cylinder set for OS SF .46 ?????????????????
« on: September 27, 2018, 08:52:41 AM »
         Hello all:

I recently was informed that these sets are available.  Perhaps a figment of someone's imagination.  Perhaps a Brian Gardner set for another engine would be applicable. 

Any suggestions re obtaining an ABC set for the OS SF .46?

Tia,

Frank McCune

Offline George Truett

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: WTB ABC piston and cylinder set for OS SF .46 ?????????????????
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »
This is from a thread on RC Groups:   If the liner dies, an ASP 46 (true ABC) piston and liner set will drop right in if you notch the flange at the appropriate spot to take the locating pin.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1878070-OS-MAX-46-sf-(15430)

I have never tried this myself so I can't say for sure, bet Randy knows.  George

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:00:48 PM »
These swine are I think ' the Clone ' .

If I remember right , the timings 140 / 110 . Assume all the ' sticker I.D. ' on the bypass are the same , perhaps .

The ASP is said in there ads , to be Acceration Speed & Power  . A.S.P. , not a Viper ! .
Their FSR 40 has 160 Ex Timing , way high for stunt & the higest of the FSR clones .

Dunno if the FS clone is the same trip , but would expect so . Incidently the ' Royal 46 ( or is it 45 )
Crank'd go in the FSRs & T.T. 46s , to stroke them . IF you ground down the O D of the crank web .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »

Plus other drivle there indicates bore & stroke DO NOT MATCH .

http://sceptreflight.net/Model%20Engine%20Tests/ASP%2046.html

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here