Engine basics > Engine set up tips

What size airplane and engine

(1/7) > >>

RandySmith:
 I have been ask this  many times now,Many are curious as to what size Airplane and Engine you  want to  build and fly next
(this poll  is setup by  engine  size)
Randy

ash:
Its hard to know which project will actually be "next", but it will probably be the two .15 size Goodyear racers on my bench now. I voted in the big category though, since the next Stunt model will trial a .76 first up.

I also have a piped .12 Mini-Novi3, speed models .12-.29, .15 combat models, .40 carrier Sea Fury, and maybe others but they will be later in the year.

Mike Clark:
Hi Guys,
Tom Morris and I have been working together on a Randy Smith / Tom Dixon Magnum Plus. I got the plans from Tom Dixon several years ago and tried my hand at being an aircraft designer. I down sized the drawings about 25% and built a Magnum 40, O boy was that a mistake. After several failures I decided that Brett Buck, I ain't.

After several trips to Anniston to talk with Tom Morris  I finally decided to build  a modified Magnum.  Tom jumped in and has been very helpful with all of the lay out and most of the physical changes, what a guy. and now it's time for me to put up or shut about a light weight Magnum!

Tom used his molded parts to grow the fuse in height and girth to give it a taller and stronger fuse. The fuse will incorporate Tom's engine crutch and modular parts. The wing & Stab airfoil were modfied and will be a fully sheeted lincoln log wings. Which will make for a lighter & Stronger Magnum. Tom Morris liked all the changes so much that he's put one together.

I have a T&L ST60 that will be used, a hold over from the last Sig Magnum of 4 years ago.

FYI: For all of you Magnum lovers out there, a fully sheeted wing with flaps and horns does weigh 8.9 ounces. That leaves the projected finished weight @ 50 to 55 ounces. OUCH!

Mike Clark

phil c:
I've got at least 3 40's I haven't even gotten out of the box yet.  Gotta build something to put them on.

Bill Little:
My next one will be a 35 size Classic for publication!  I feel very honored that I will get to see an airplane I build get in a magazine.  This may sound like I'm bragging, but that ain't it.  I just am excited about it.  I din't design the plane, just going to do a construction article.  Like they say, ANYTHING is possible in the good ol'USA.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version