News:

• May 13, 2024, 08:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GMS venturis  (Read 635 times)

Offline Steven Kientz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
GMS venturis
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »
 I was checking some case dimensions on a GMS .32, comparing them to an Evo .36 today. Found out the Evo venturis should fit(with O ring) on the GMS engines. Has anyone tried this combo yet? Also which venturi is for what( torque, hi rpm etc)?
thanks
Steve
Steve Kientz
AMA 855912

Offline Steven Kientz

• Captain
Re: GMS venturis
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
Picked up a set of Evo venturis I ordered today. Bad news, the fuel nipples were out of stock. I'm considering using an OS spraybar. Will have to drill hole in venturi. Anyone see any potential problems? This setup will be used on profiles( Twister & Pyscho combat planes) for now.
Thanks
Steve 
Steve Kientz
AMA 855912

Offline Steven Kientz

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
Did the initial test run on Saturday. Mid size Evo venturi with a os spraybar. I used the RNVA that came with the engine. Didn't have a tach(until today), seemed a little lean. It took a second or two to recover when I squeezed the fuel line. Fuel was Byron 10%. Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve
Steve Kientz
AMA 855912

Offline David Shad

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:07:48 AM »
Run the smaller venturi if it's running lean.  Choke it down a little.  Better fuel
economy too.
Big Dave AMA 80235

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
Two things. I would note that Byron fuel is usually pretty low on oil content. If the run is unstable or doesn't want to richen up, first thing I'd do is add some oil to the fuel.

The other thing is the GMS. I had thought about getting one of these at one time and blocking the boost port like we have on Magnums and OS engines. Thought it might make a worthwhile engine ... until I saw the weight. And I thought the OS 40VF was a boat anchor.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Steven Kientz

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »
I have three total( 2x.32, and a .25). The .25 is the only one I bought new, the .32s were NIB swap meet finds. $50 for both. Being a novice I figured I could tear them up and save my TT and OS for later on.
The .25 did pull my Skyray  pretty nice. I plan on using the .32 on some pyschos I building, something to practice with, until I get my Sea Hurricane finished.
 One of our club members has used them for RC and said he couldn't get any longevity out of them, even after a rebuild.
Thanks
Steve
Steve Kientz
AMA 855912

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here