News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help! Norvel Big mig .049 issues  (Read 523 times)

Offline John Crocker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Help! Norvel Big mig .049 issues
« on: June 23, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
Got a prob guys.  My Big mig .049 wont run more than half a tank before it cuts off.  Running 35% Nitro Norvel 1/2 A fuel.  Using a tank mount, and yes I did follow the break in to the T and did change the take up tube so it picks up on the lower outside.  Have had the best luck taking off rich and it leans out on its own after about a 1/2 circle, but that only works 10% of the time.

This is really frustrating cause its an awesome engine.  In combat with my buddy who uses a golden bee, I eat his lunch til the cut out.

Oh yeah, it seems to get worse after a full loop.   Half loops, no problem, cut a full one after 10 or 11 laps and watch out, its cutting off.

Been thinking bout switching to a Sullivan 1 oz wing mounted clunk tank cause round here you cant find triangular tanks.

Any thoughts?

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Help! Norvel Big mig .049 issues
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »
Definitely go to the new tank!  I got a feeling that will cure the problem.  I have not run with the tank mount set up, but of all the ones I have seen and heard of on "regular" tanks, there have been no problems.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
Re: Help! Norvel Big mig .049 issues
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »
I've used the NorVel tankmount on a couple of trainers and  it works flawlessly, but delivers very short runs. These things are very thirsty, but all that power requires fuel. It's actually a pretty good idea on trainers, as if you aren't using really long lines, a novice will be spindizzy in short order!

If the check valve on the tankmount isn't sealing properly (maybe a teensy bit of crud?), it might cause just this problem. Engine starts, runs, and launches OK, but as soon as it tries to lean out in a maneuver, suddenly the fuel flow just isn't sufficient, and it dies. My best guess . . . .

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here