Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: veco.61  (Read 874 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
veco.61
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »
Hey guys, I have a Veco .61 I want to know if anyone has drilled one of these for thru bolts in the exhaust to be able to bolt on a muffler.  I want to try this engine in a biceps or maybe a big job.T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: veco.61
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:44:48 PM »
Hi TJ,

I am sure someone has drilled a Veco for a muffler.  All the later ones had provisions for the muffler which is what I have seen.  John Tate and the boys from Norfolk have had really good running Veco/K&B .61s, they are just a bit heavy is all.  They do make good 4-2 stunt engines.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:20 AM »
Right after I posted I saw a picture of one on eBay that looks like it was drilled.I got a pair of them on Ebay for around $15. Each one of them doesent look like it was ever run. Guess I will be calling Mr. Bowman for a pair of rings.Glad to see you back Bill ! T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
Right after I posted I saw a picture of one on eBay that looks like it was drilled.I got a pair of them on Ebay for around $15. Each one of them doesent look like it was ever run. Guess I will be calling Mr. Bowman for a pair of rings.Glad to see you back Bill ! T.J.

Hi TJ,

That's a good deal!  AFAIK, the guys just run them stock.  I don't know about venturi size, but a post in the Engine section will probably give you that info.  I have heard them being favorably compared to the ST V.60, just a bit heavier.

Thanks for the kind words. ;D
Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »
As a guy that's spent a lot of years keeping engines running for a lot of people, this is one of my favorite engines of all time. It and the old Enya IV are just about indestructable. They can be be re-freshed with a ring and a hone job to be like new pretty much forever in my experience. The Veco chips in with great power, standard "inch bearings", and a chrome liner too. Rugged, simple, sublime... Oh you can start with a .281" inch hole in the vent.

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
I like good news like that Dave! I have a standard K&B venturi in it for now gotta get a needle valve and one of your Dad's tube mufflers and play with it on the stand a little bit. I never had anything bigger than a .40 before, at least the screws are larger and easier to find when you drop them. T.J.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here