News:

• May 17, 2024, 08:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veco .61 How loud are they ?  (Read 880 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Veco .61 How loud are they ?
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
I was wondering how loud a Veco.61 is without a muffler . I have heard a Fox .59 unmuffled and it will just about loosen a filling in your teeth. I want to get a muffler eventually I am thinking about a PDK Super streak and possibly build it as a super duper combat streak with a upright engine. Should have plenty of room for one of Randy's tube mufflers if I can drill the case for through bolts. T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

John Leidle

Re: Veco .61 How loud are they ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:10:56 AM »
 Several years ago a guy flew a Shark at our contest without a muffler   real loud  . Not all exhaust notes ar created equal. But the .61 was sharp.
           John

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »
Hi TJ,

The only one I ever heard un-muffled was NOT as loud as a Fox .59! ;D

BIG Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
Hey, Ty I am good for now these things are like Fox 35's they keep following me home all the sudden I have  3 of them .
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
HI TJ,

The Veco .61 is a surprisingly good traditional stunt engine.  An ounce or two heavier than a lite case ST .60, but very, very similar.  The extra weight seems to be the situation which caused them to not become real popular.

BIG Bear
AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Hummel

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »
Couple years ago we flew the same stunt ship with an ST 60, a Merco 60, and a Veco 61 all back-to-back.  It was REALLY difficult to tell
among the engines in run character, in sound, and in "stunt grunt".  Very similar timing and build philosophy in all three.  That was
an eye-opener to me...
ama 72090

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »
I think I found my dream plane for this engine a Biceps it should be a nice combo just the thing for a lazy Sunday afternoon burn some holes in the sky grill up some barbacue knock back a cold one and try and forget I have to go to work in the morning ... H

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here