News:

• May 13, 2024, 05:53:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Engine Dimensions Table  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Dick Fowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Engine Dimensions Table
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »
I took some time to measure the dimensions of most of the engines that I own. I put them in an Excel spreadsheet and thought some of you might be able to use the information. Note : I haven't double checked all of them and might have made a few errors. If you find any please let me know.

It would be of value if you guys added to the table the engines that I don't have on the list. Eventually we would have a pretty good database of engine "numbers". Just think... if you want to know if a Brodak .40 fits in a plane that used an OS .35S.... just look at the table.

I'm going to try to trick the system by renaming the file with a text extension insteda of xls. Open it with Excel and save back as an Excel File.... maybe

EDIT - POOP! It doesn't work. I guess if you want it, I can e-mail as an attachment unless the "Most Esteemed, Omnipotent moderators" have an idea.

EDIT - EDIT - OK, I loaded it as a tab delimited text file that can be sort of read as a text file but is properly formated if opened in Excel   WHEW  HB~>
Dick Fowler AMA 144077
Kent, OH
Akron Circle Burners Inc. (Note!)
North Coast Control Liners Size 12 shoe  XXL Supporter

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Engine Dimensions Table
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »
Actually, you can also click on the link, then when it asks you to save or open, click save,
in the next window, the bottom drop down menu says "save as" select "all file" then manually change the extension on the file name to ".xls" then click save, it will save as a file that excell can open.
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 02:35:22 AM »
Mark.

NEAT! Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds right...

Thanks! (provisionally, anyway...)

\BEST\LOU

Offline Dick Fowler

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:14:04 AM »
Actually, you can also click on the link, then when it asks you to save or open, click save,
in the next window, the bottom drop down menu says "save as" select "all file" then manually change the extension on the file name to ".xls" then click save, it will save as a file that excell can open.

You can now. When I uploaded the file the first time all I did was to change the file extension from .xls to .txt. This was a weak attempt to trick the website into accepting the file... it doesn't like some file types.  This didn't work at all. Could not even open the file saved in any manner. That's when I created the tab delimited file during the save operation with its intrinsic .txt extension. It worked doing it that way.
Dick Fowler AMA 144077
Kent, OH

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:21:26 AM »
You can now. When I uploaded the file the first time all I did was to change the file extension from .xls to .txt. This was a weak attempt to trick the website into accepting the file... it doesn't like some file types.  This didn't work at all. Could not even open the file saved in any manner. That's when I created the tab delimited file during the save operation with its intrinsic .txt extension. It worked doing it that way.

HI Dick

Yes  thanks ,It will open in Excell, no problem. I just downloaded and  opened it

Regards
Randy

Alan Hahn

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »
Dick,
For what it's worth, you can always get Excel to try and open a file by first having the Excel window up on the screen, and then "Open" from the file menu. Then at the top or bottom of the file dialog window (Mac is on top, I think Windows at the bottom), there is a menu which says "Enable". The default is Excel files, but you can also choose the "All Files" option.

Now that doesn't mean it will actually be able to open the file (it does depend on what's in the file), but at least it will try. If it is a real Excel formatted file, or a tab or spaceor whatever delimited text file, it should work. At least is does on my Mac and I think on a Windows machine.

Offline Dick Fowler

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 11:04:38 AM »
Never mind ... not important.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:19:23 AM by Dick Fowler »
Dick Fowler AMA 144077
Kent, OH

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »
I am at mom and dads house now, they dont have excell,, or word, or,,,,,I will try it when I get home though
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline fred krueger

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:46:12 AM »
Check Claus Maikis' site for more engine dimensions:

http://www.clacro.de/
click on  'Design'
click on  'Measurements'

Fred

Alan Hahn

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 12:12:06 PM »
Dick,
No I can't (on a MacOSX with Excel 2004), and I tried several things like a text program and changing the extension back to "xls". Normally I have no problem opening Mac or PC Excel files.

But here is a hint---save the original in text delimited format (an option in the Excel file save window, and it should save with a "txt" extension). That way Excel and almost anything else can open it. If you are keeping the native Excel format, you should keep the xls extension.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »
 Note : I haven't double checked all of them and might have made a few errors. If you find any please let me know.

We won't tolerate any errors. ~>

I will put in my Saito motors.  Lets see; ST 46's, St 51 if you haven't done it already.

Actually, I can contribute my CAD drawings in conjunction with the dimensions for my Saito 72 and 40A.

Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »
I did what Mark said, and it worked, first try. But I think Milton needs more engines.  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here