News:

• May 09, 2024, 07:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Idle Bar Glow Plug/  (Read 711 times)

Offline Joe Messinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Idle Bar Glow Plug/
« on: April 26, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »
I'm sure this topic has been addressed here before.  If it has, my apologies as I didn't see it.

Some recommend using an idle bar plug in engines that are mounted inverted.  Some say they never use idle bar plugs for C/L engines no matter how they are mounted.

Any thoughts on this subject from the Hanger crew?

Thanks,

Joe
Joe Messinger

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Idle Bar Glow Plug/
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »
I'm sure this topic has been addressed here before.  If it has, my apologies as I didn't see it.

Some recommend using an idle bar plug in engines that are mounted inverted.  Some say they never use idle bar plugs for C/L engines no matter how they are mounted.

Any thoughts on this subject from the Hanger crew?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

it really isn't important if it is an RC type with an idle bar, what is much more important is that it is  a  hot plug, the hotter  plugs  run much cleaner in typical  4/2 stunt runs

Randy

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Idle Bar Glow Plug/
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 12:31:53 AM »
I use a thunderbolt RC plug on all of my stunt engines. Like Randy says the hot plug runs better with high caster fuel. What I like about them is the plug will tell you when it's life gets close to the end. With engine started and running and you take the starting battery off the RPM will drop. Time to replace. I have had same plug in my Grinder for 2 years now. I suspect it will soon let me know that its had it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here