News:

• May 17, 2024, 12:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: swap meet evo .36  (Read 1160 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
swap meet evo .36
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
Last weekend at our Garden State Circle Burner swap meet I picked up an evo .36 Cl. I have been wanting to try one of these for a while and for 45 bucks I figured why not. The needle for the remote mount was missing but I had an ASP Rc needle assy that screwed into the side of the venturi. The engine appeared to have been clamped in a test stand  and run but the seller said he also bought it used and didn't know much about it and never messed with it I believe he said it was from an estate. I tried it with a 10 x 6 and some 5% GMA S&W fuel with no muffler and it just wanted to run away, I could get it to 4 stroke if I covered the venturi with my finger and that's what I did till the 2 oz was gone. Today I put an additional .005 head gasket on it and drilled out the middle venturi and put a Hobby Fasteners / RSM st.46 needle valve in it and the stock tube muffler. What a difference it follows the needle but since I don't know it's history I want to run it through a few more heat cycles  and get an 11 x 4 for it but I really like it. It starts right up  and I think I might have a winner and an engine for a twister as I move up from my flite streak veco 19 combo.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: swap meet evo .36
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »
I ran the .36 2 more times today and seems ready for a plane I really like this engine it seems very strong. I went with the middle venturi and I think it is the one I am going to stay with. I gotta get my shop set up in the new apartment and get a twister built for this puppy. T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »
You don't run it without anything through the mount holes do you?  If those two side bolts and washers are all that is holding it you could have some real excitement. 
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:16:07 AM »
No there are little steel pins that I pressed into pilot holes that I drilled into the base with the arbor press that the mounting holes slide over, It looks a little crude but works well , but don't worry I like my fingers etc. The way they came. T.J.

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
That's a good way to do it. 
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »
Thanks for looking out for me though .  :)

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 05:33:16 PM »
This might help. Fox 40 SS NVA.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »
This might help. Fox 40 SS NVA.

This is really the best way to do it. Fuel draw is not a problem and you have smooth steady power

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here