News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:12:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Super Tigre information please  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Charlene Edwards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Super Tigre information please
« on: April 20, 2022, 02:43:55 PM »
I have been going through my engine parts bin that I haven't looked in years and found a Super Tigre liner and piston assembly, brand new still in original container the only number on the container is 02190693 ink stamped on the back of the label I believe from the factory. The piston has two grooves for two piston rings, can anyone identify this from the numbers I gave and the fact the piston uses two rings. If it can be identified from that number and information the next question, would it be worth my while advertising it, I have no idea what anything I have is worth nowadays. I Tried to add pictures of front and back but couldn't add the pictures because file to big.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: Super Tigre information please
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 04:03:07 PM »
I think the early G21 40 had 2 rings.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 04:23:42 PM »
I have been going through my engine parts bin that I haven't looked in years and found a Super Tigre liner and piston assembly, brand new still in original container the only number on the container is 02190693 ink stamped on the back of the label I believe from the factory. The piston has two grooves for two piston rings, can anyone identify this from the numbers I gave and the fact the piston uses two rings. If it can be identified from that number and information the next question, would it be worth my while advertising it, I have no idea what anything I have is worth nowadays. I Tried to add pictures of front and back but couldn't add the pictures because file to big.

I have had limited luck just googling a description and part number along with Super Tigre and gotten results before. I think there is a site out there that you can research part number. As ST went from the orange header cards and such and their packaging evolved, I don't think they changed their part numbers. If you can get an accurate diameter of the piston, you can guess the bore and stroke and this the displacement and then look it up on Scepter Flight  and sometimes they have parts listings with the old engine tests. Emailing Randy Smith with the part number might get you some information also.

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 10:21:28 PM »
I'll take it !!  ;D

Most Early Ringed S T's were dual ring . So the BORE SIZE is the easiest I. D. .

21/40 picture / Dual Ring . ( Most had shorter rods , lowere wrist pin . ) http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/ST%20G.21-40.html

Advertise Here
Tags: motor parts 

Advertise Here