News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Super Tigre G21 .46 (continued from "At The Handle")  (Read 780 times)

Offline George Fruhling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Super Tigre G21 .46 (continued from "At The Handle")
« on: August 17, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »
[https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy84/scooter_mech/IMG_20200817_112348.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds][/url]

I reversed the Needle valve position believing it would bu buried under the exhaust, forgetting  the engine would be mounded in the inverted position!  Put it back. Also didn't realize the venturi (or carb)  is offset.  Now the needle valve extends a bit more from the fuselage. 

I ran a couple tanks of fuel through the engine, rich with a 10-6 prop. Small, I'll admit but did not want to put a large load on the engine. I now have a Rev-up 11-6 EW mounted. What do you guys think?  I was asking about a muffler a while back. Mostly wanted to get the exhaust, and oil residue outside of the aircraft.  Went diging through my stuff and found a universal stack. I think it's Dubro but forgot. Not marked. Has a spring like spiral wire  to create a bit of back pressure just downstream from the pressure tap.  It certainly does not quiet the engine any. It came with a strap that wrapped around the engine. I drilled and tapped it for a pair of 6-32 socket head screws. 

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Super Tigre G21 .46 (continued from "At The Handle")
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 11:14:33 PM »
Rehighit .

Those Du Bro stacks , maybe have a spring crossways inside . If you ' clear it thru. ( toss any bits inside ) , maybe chew the end off square ,
and drill 8 3/32 holes , or ten or twelve 2 mm holes . ( done tidy looks sophisticaed & area matches ) or ' X ' pattern - 3 rows you can get TEN .

Can ya do a picture of the ENGINE , both SIDES . Wanna see the bypass channel ( where the super tigre & 21/46 is written , AND the Exhaust Stack hole .
To see which series it is .

11 x 6 E W should be good, likely set full four stroke . Depends on plane weight, line length etc .Its a bit of load - maybe oversize in a heavy plane,
Ive had luck with the 12 x 5 top flites ( like wotteron classifeds just now )

Offline George Fruhling

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 12:17:02 AM »

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »
Yea, thanks . tiss a ' 80's ' one . No worries .

You can take a disc grinder to the stock muffle , and loose half the weight . Leave the round ' spot ' to take a pressure nipple. J B weld the rear cone on. cut tube to 1 mm so holes not oversize .

A lot more aerodynamic, but ya get a metallic echo from the pulse / flex = ringing noise .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here