Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Super Tigre .51 Muffler

(1/2) > >>

Joe Messinger:
Hello,

I recently acquired a new S.T.  c/l .51 and would like to replace the stock muffler with something better and, certainly, lighter.
I've checked Tower for a Mac's muffler for it but don't see anything listed for the S.T. 51. 

I'm not interested in tuned pipe or tongue muffler.  Anyone have any suggestions or know of a source for a muffler for this thing?

Thanks,

Joe

Crist Rigotti:
Richard Oliver has one that fits...well almost.  You might need to drill out the engine holes very slightly.  Mine has worked well for 3 years now.

http://www.rojett.com/products/headers_mufflers.htm

Leester:
I had Scott Dinger make a tube muffler for mine. I don't know his email off hand but someone should be able to help with this.

Ralph Wenzel (d):
Scott Dinger's email is:  hyflo@dslextreme.com - - Some of the most beautiful aluminum welding I've ever seen! His tube mufflers usually weigh around 7/8 ounce.

Bill Little:
The ST G51 uses the exact same muffler as the ST 46 and V60.  There are plenty of tongue and lightweight tube mufflers out there available from Randy Smith @ Aero Products, Tom LAy @ T&L,  RSM, Brodak, Tom Dixon, Stuka Stunt Works,  Big Art Adimisin, Windy Urtnowski, and most C/L Hobby Shops.  It has been a common muffler for over 20 years.

Bill <><

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version