Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Super Tigre 35

<< < (2/5) > >>

Air Ministry .:
Egad ;

Ran one in the Phantom for test . THIRSTYEST .

The Gardner ABC P/L he mightve made ? go in .
some are P.D.P. ( I have one still maybe ) .

Not a total dead loss . The Liners a Spare for a 21 / 35 . ! LL~

Air Ministry .:
As someone mentioned em , ' our ' 21/35s have room for BALL BEARINGS in the case . Compare . ( 21 Series case is BB 29, 35, 40, 46 ordinarilly )

Though these older " 21 / 35 " s came baffled , ringed and in the last few years , Very Similar liner to the  monoblock one . ( same but shorter length )

--- Quote ---In 1954 a lapped piston version of this model had become available, reflecting the parallel change which had been made to the G.20 at the same time. In 1956 Garofali took steps to further increase the range of applications for which the G.21 was suitable. A new version of the G.21 called the G.21/35 was released which had an increased displacement of 5.235 cc (0.32 cuin.). The larger displacement was achieved by increasing both the bore and stroke of the engine to 19.5 mm and 18.0 mm respectively.

This variant utilized the same crankcase as the contemporary 1956 version of the 4.82 cc G.21, having an integrally-cast backplate with four "eyes" at the corners. However, it featured a new bolt-on front end with a bronze bushing taking the place of the former twin ball-races. In addition, the intake was now angled forward instead of being dead vertical. The lapped piston was retained in this variant.

This model represented the first “crack in the wall” with respect to the Super Tigre model identification system. The ongoing use of the G.21 crankcase casting with its cast-on identification ensured that the G.21 name would continue. However, this model was aimed squarely at the emerging international market for control-line stunt engines in the .35 cuin. category, hence having the 35 suffix attached to its name.
--- End quote ---

Air Ministry .:
Yer wanns check the SUB PISTON INDUCTION . my PDP ( i think ) has a .020 steel narrow shim UNDER the top liner flange . No Doubt POST this test ! .http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/ST%2035%20RC.html

ALSO got one of these ' STUNT ' .35 p.b. , though Ive not run it . http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/ST%20C.35%20Stunt.html

Eithers really the sort of thing you might throw in a Sterling or Goldberg profile , or Light Fox .35 type device .

C.T. Schaefer:
I have a stunt version with Gardner sleeve in a Nobler. Runs nice.  Comparable to a Fox .35

Steve Helmick:
Some of us might disagree with the statement about the .35C being seldom used or unliked for combat useage. I had two of them, one stock and one I modified. The modified one actually went very fast. Both liked more prop pitch than the G.21 .35 I had. The one I modified would pull a stock Sneaker to 116 mph without streamer on Fox Blast (50% nitro), and about 105 on Missile Mist, but only 97 on MM with a 9-7 Tornado nylon. The 116 was on a full 9-8 Tornado nylon.

While it eventually wore out the piston/cylinder fit, neither of the two .35C's I had ever broke, which was something I couldn't say about the other brands of combat engines I tried...those ALL broke in one way or another. I did eventually conclude that ST replacement parts were 2nds and were clearly substandard. It's possible that the junk parts came to USA and not to other countries/importers...maybe.  D>K Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version