News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Super Tiger NVA on Fox .35  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Christopher Root

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Super Tiger NVA on Fox .35
« on: September 25, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »
I know the ST NVA is a good Fox .35 replacement.  Does anyone open up the Venturi hole in the spray bar?  Or is stock the best?  Thanks in advance,

C R

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Super Tiger NVA on Fox .35
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »
            I can't speak for the current replacements. I do know the actual Super Tiger version is very thin and if turned down it breaks. I have managed to turn them down but not to the stock size of the Fox. What I usually see people doing is to file a flat on one side of the spraybar to allow more air around it. Leaving the Tiger needle stock will compromise a bit of power. The other problem with the Tiger needles is centering it as this requires shims. I had purchased Enya spraybar shims which work very well for this or do as most did and use the red fiber washer from old metal bellcranks. I have seen some engines with the venturi opened up.

Offline Christopher Root

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »
Sounds great!   I just test ran my Fox on the bench today with the ST NVA.  Other then having to really torque down the locknuts tightly, it works great!  Very finely machined, takes only 1/4 turn or so to get the desired results!

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 07:41:54 PM »
The ST NVA in a Fox 35 worked great for me.  I considered the larger diameter ST spray bar a benefit over the original.  Maybe some power loss, but better draw and fuel economy.  The main reason I liked it was because the original Fox NVA was not good.

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 04:35:07 PM »
Chris.
Some have used the ST NVA in the Fox 35. It takes off the top end but gives stronger fuel draw, but if the tank is setup correct the Fox has plenty of fuel draw with the stock diameter NVA. Randy had some PA Fox replacement NVA's that are about the best you can buy. If you use the ST some have opened the venturi one drill size, this seems to work ok but the PA NVA is really the best.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 05:54:00 PM »
The ST was cool, but Bobby Brooks sells an enya NVA that's also a direct drop in. I like it a lot.  shutterman on Ebay

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »
I have not notice any power loss using a ST sized needle valve Assembly in a Fox 35 stunt engine at stunt speeds. I found it actually cures the Fox burb on the outside loops without any extra mods. If you are Foxberg racing or competing in Fox speed, the smaller diameter spray bar will provide a higher top speed.
Al

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 06:17:11 AM »
I think a lot depends on the ship you are putting the Fox 35 in, it's weight and if you are running a muffler. In a Ringmaster size ship the ST NVA will probably not make much difference. If you put it in a Nobler size ship and run a muffler you need either more nitro (like 15%) or the smaller diameter NVA to get the power needed to handle a 10+mph wind. Problem with the higher nitro is it can push the engine's crankshaft to it's limits, depending on the day. OK with a smaller say 9 -9.5x6 BY&O prop but for a 10x6 depending on the day it can cause shaft failure. I run mine with the smaller props in ships less than 38oz and use Randy's PA fox NVA.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Christopher Root

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 01:08:28 PM »
Thank you all! Randy is all out of the PA NVA. I got a ST, put it in. Ran it on the bench. Seems to run well. Haven't gotten it in the air yet. Someone mentioned to me that I may need to file off some of the NVA OD. We'll see! 

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 11:16:41 AM »
  Someone mentioned to me that I may need to file off some of the NVA OD. We'll see!
[/quote]
  Use the ST NVA without any modifications. My Nobler has plenty of power to do the pattern using it.
Al

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here