News:

• May 23, 2024, 03:04:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enya #3 Glo Plugs don't fit gloew driver  (Read 706 times)

Offline Joseph Lijoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Enya #3 Glo Plugs don't fit gloew driver
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
I have been using these Enya #3 plugs for a while and the last batch that I bought don't fit my glow plug clip/driver.  Anybody else with this issue or know about it?  Also what is an equivalent plug.
Is An OS A3 similar or can anybody out there recommend a replacement for the Enya #3.  Thanks.

Offline phil myers

• Commander
Re: Enya #3 Glo Plugs don't fit gloew driver
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:17:59 AM »
Hi Joe, I had the same problem, luckily I had a spare glo driver (Different shape head) but you can also use OS no 6 plugs coz they're also rated as 'hot' same as the Enya no.3

Phil

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
If I were in your shoes, I would find a new glow driver. I always use Enya No3 for stunt engines, because I have yet to find anything better!

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »
Enya plugs have an enlarged top terminal for better heat dissipation (I believe), which won't fit some glow drivers. 30 seconds work with a file or a Dremel and the problem's solved - doesn't seem to bother the plug at all.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
I have been using these Enya #3 plugs for a while and the last batch that I bought don't fit my glow plug clip/driver.  Anybody else with this issue or know about it?  Also what is an equivalent plug.
Is An OS A3 similar or can anybody out there recommend a replacement for the Enya #3.  Thanks.

I have used most of the glow plugs you may have heard of, including the Enya #3. I think the Thunderbolt 4-Cycle plug works better in most cases. My second choice would be the Thunderbolt R/C. They are also A LOT cheaper than the Enya.

Brett

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 03:38:44 AM »
Hello Brett,
You have an extremely good point about the cost of the Enya No3 plugs. They make me wince eveytime I have to buy some! The upside is they seem to last much longer than most, in my applications. I did try the Thunderbolt plugs, but I didn't have a happy time with them. That was some while ago and maybe it is worth another try. Before I went to the Enya plugs I used some made by Dennis Allen (he of AM and Merco fame). I think they were called Firepower, I have not seen any in a good while, pity because they were both good quality and relatively cheap.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here