News:

• May 29, 2024, 06:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Armor-All  (Read 570 times)

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Armor-All
« on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:49 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what is in Armor-All that makes the fuel stop foaming?  We did it yesterday to some fuel that we hadn't done to yet, and I got to wondering about it.

Matt Colan

Offline Brian Hampton

• Captain
Re: Armor-All
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
As best as anyone knows it's the silicone which reduces the surface tension so large bubbles can't form. I regularly use it in my fuel whenever I make a new batch (one quick squirt in 5 litres). There are stories that it can foul plugs but it's been used here in Australia for more years than I can remember and I've never heard of any complaints about plug failures, in fact some time ago I made up a tank of fuel with enough Armor All to treat maybe 40 gallons of fuel and the plug survived perfectly.

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Armor-All
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
As best as anyone knows it's the silicone which reduces the surface tension so large bubbles can't form. I regularly use it in my fuel whenever I make a new batch (one quick squirt in 5 litres). There are stories that it can foul plugs but it's been used here in Australia for more years than I can remember and I've never heard of any complaints about plug failures, in fact some time ago I made up a tank of fuel with enough Armor All to treat maybe 40 gallons of fuel and the plug survived perfectly.

Thanks Brian!   H^^
Matt Colan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here