News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Speeds up in eights  (Read 544 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Speeds up in eights
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:37:46 PM »
So, now my airplane is speeding up in the outside portion of the horizontal eights -- but not the outside rounds, or the outside parts of the vertical or overhead eights, or the clover.  And it's going screaming lean, too -- it's not just speeding up a subtle little bit.

I did notice after my last flight yesterday that the engine was loose, so I'm willing to believe that's it, but I'd like to show up at the field with other possible things to look into if it's still doing it now that the engine is tight.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Speeds up in eights
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
Why is the engine getting loose??  Out of balance prop/spinner?  Over stretched mounting bolts??   D>K

Really screwy mounting system because the engine's mounting holes are narrower than what the plane came with.  I really, really, don't want this to become a "how to mount an engine" thread, because I have that straightened out for now (I had the engine out over the weekend, and swapped a couple of parts of the screwy mounting system putting it back together.  It's fine now).

It may or may not have been doing it at the last contest I was at, but it's hard to tell because I had tank problems at the contest.

My plan is to go fly, and if it's fine now that the engine is nailed down correctly declare victory.  But if it isn't, I'd like to have things I can check either before I go, or in the field.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here