Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Smaller Venturi for LA 25

(1/3) > >>

Allen Eshleman:
I have an LA 25.  Great runner but it must have one of the larger or largest venturis made for it.  It is drinking 3 oz. of fuel in just over 3 minutes.  It certainly runs fast and powerful.  What size of the smaller venturis, as in those made by Jim Lee would be a good one to try?   Thanks.

Allen Eshleman:
I just noticed the Post above with Randy Smith's recommendations.

Thanks Randy.

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Allen Eshleman on May 05, 2021, 10:28:17 AM ---I have an LA 25.  Great runner but it must have one of the larger or largest venturis made for it.  It is drinking 3 oz. of fuel in just over 3 minutes.  It certainly runs fast and powerful.  What size of the smaller venturis, as in those made by Jim Lee would be a good one to try?   Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Use the ****stock**** venturi and ****stock**** spraybar.  .257 and .135 respectively.

Brett

Allen Eshleman:
Thanks Brett!

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Allen Eshleman on May 05, 2021, 06:56:33 PM ---Thanks Brett!

--- End quote ---

You're welcome.

BTW, 3 ounces in 3 minutes is not way off for a brand new engine, with a richer-than-I-would-run-it setting or oversized prop. Over the first 20-30 flights, that will drop dramatically down to maybe 3.25 ounces for 6:25. You can tell it is very tight by noting how hot the front end/plain bearing section is getting. First run and it gets far too hot to touch. 10 flights later and its pretty normal.

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version