Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Smaller Venturi for LA 25

<< < (3/3)

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Brett Buck on May 07, 2021, 10:21:08 AM ---     Maybe, maybe not. It depends on why you modified the engine (by replacing one of the rather important parts)  in the first place.

Brett

--- End quote ---

On some models the stock muffler just does not work out well. On a Ringmaster, for instance, they are usually nose heavy without a muffler, and using the stock unit is just too much if you want a decent turn. Same with some other larger models and engines. I'm not a huge fan of the tongue muffler and prefer tube types because of the extra volume, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Allen Eshleman:
My reason for replacing the muffler with a tongue muffler is to save weight.  On the other hand, I also thought that it would also run better although engine run is not my problem.

Dan McEntee:

https://stunthanger.com/smf/engine-set-up-tips/venturi-inside-diameters/

Check out this thread that is pinned to the top of the section. It has some relevant information to the subject and since it's pinned to the top of the list it will be easy to find for future reference.
  Type at you later,

Dan McEntee

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Allen Eshleman on May 07, 2021, 06:23:31 PM ---My reason for replacing the muffler with a tongue muffler is to save weight.  On the other hand, I also thought that it would also run better although engine run is not my problem.

--- End quote ---

It will not run better without the muffler. It might run faster is some conditions, but not in any way useful for stunt. The other advantage is that if you run the stock parts, I and many others can tell you *exactly* what it is supposed to do and know that the basic engine is going to work. Any other issues are setup problems.

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version