News:

• May 06, 2024, 11:31:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: When you think that you have seen it all...  (Read 507 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
When you think that you have seen it all...
« on: July 20, 2019, 07:07:52 AM »
          Hi:

I have been having a tough time with one of my planes that has always given me problems with the engine.  These include being unable to adjust the needle valve  and leaning out in flight etc.  a real nightmare  with many wasted hours attempting to diagnose the problem. 

The problem was solved when the two piece, Fox, fuel filter came apart while the engine was running. Of course the filter was hidden from sight and I ASSUMED that it was doing its job.  I never had a fuel filter fail in the past! This leaking fuel filter MAY have been the root of my engine problems.  I hope so as what else can fail????  How can it unscrew itself to a point of coming apart?

Stay cool

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: When you think that you have seen it all...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 09:59:01 AM »
 Vibration can unscrew it, especially if it was not tight in the first place. It can unscrew from vibration is the fuel line is loos on the barbs also, which could also cause an air leak and run problems. The complete fuel system has to be 100% leak proof from the tank to the spray bar. Sucking air, which the engine vacuum can do, anywhere along the way can cause a funny run.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here