News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shelf life of methanol stored in plastic fuel jugs  (Read 966 times)

Offline Matt Curtis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Shelf life of methanol stored in plastic fuel jugs
« on: October 23, 2021, 10:58:14 PM »
So I bought some methanol a few years ago at the dragstrip tu use to mix fuel. It has been stored in plastic fuel jugs . I have tried using it by mixing it with fuel that is higher intro than I want and my engine would not run on it at all. I just made Avery small amount to test. I also tried running it with no nitro and just some oil and the engine would not run either. Does methanol go bad stored in plastic fuel jugs? The hugs are Morgan fuel jugs. They have been stored in a cooland dry environment.

Offline Matt Curtis

• Lieutenant
Re: Shelf life of methanol stored in plastic fuel jugs
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 11:35:29 PM »
I wonder if it was bad from the get go as it has never worked. the jugs are not leaking. I live in Denver and humidity is low most of the time. Best way to dispose of it?

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:30:21 AM »
Water in the methanol is not your problem.
Mixing a 'small' batch is probably topping the short list of problems.

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »
Did you try look at the glowplug? If the wire is white, change it and try again.
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here