News:

• May 20, 2024, 12:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need thrust washer for Fox .15 Sch BB with 3/16" shaft.  (Read 913 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Need thrust washer for Fox .15 Sch BB with 3/16" shaft.
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:02:06 PM »
      Hi:

I dropped it on the workshop floor and it was never seen again!

Tia,

Frank

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: Need thrust washer for Fox .15 Sch BB with 3/16" shaft.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 07:39:55 AM »
Frank,you know as soon as you buy a new one you will find the old one.T.J. HB~>
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:34 AM »
     Hi:

After a week, Sharon from Fox called me and said that they had found one. I bought it asap.  I think that the crankshaft has a 10/32 thread.

I NEVER find anything that I have "lost"! I have found that it is better just to purchase a replacement after spending hours looking for the lost part.  One must know when to admit to defeat! Lol

Be well,

Frank

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
     Hey YakNne:

You are correctomondo!  I ordered one from Fox and sure enough I found the missing one!

Lol,

Frank

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »
Murphy's Law strikes again, now if it was me I would put where I won't lose it but forget where that exact place is when I need it again ! HB~>
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Mike Greb

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
I happened on the fox website the other day, and all I can say is that the prices for replacement parts has gone through the  roof. At one time you could rebuild and service your fox motor at a reasonable price, but now you might as well buy a new motor if it needs any parts.  Or buy parts motors from ebay.

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 04:29:33 PM »
    Hi Mike:

You are correct about the high prices for motor parts from Fox!!!!!

They sent me a thrust washer for the .15X the other day and it was $10.00 for the part and $4.00 postage! Can you say,"Hello E Bay?"

The one thing that they do provide is a source for parts for their engines.

Stay well,

Frank McCune

Advertise Here

Advertise Here