News:

• May 19, 2024, 06:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S.T. G-21 Venturi ?  (Read 518 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
S.T. G-21 Venturi ?
« on: June 02, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »
Hi Guys, I have been taking all my stuff out of storage after 25 plus years. I was oiling up my G-21 .40 the other day and noticed that there is no spigot tube in the venturi just a hole in the aluminum. I am assuming that it is missing but did some of them come this way? If it is missing are new ones available? I have never run this engine since I owned it but I remember my dad's buddy who gave it to me running it and it seemed ok but then again that was probably 30 years ago!Thanks T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: S.T. G-21 Venturi ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »
Hi Guys, I have been taking all my stuff out of storage after 25 plus years. I was oiling up my G-21 .40 the other day and noticed that there is no spigot tube in the venturi just a hole in the aluminum. I am assuming that it is missing but did some of them come this way? If it is missing are new ones available? I have never run this engine since I owned it but I remember my dad's buddy who gave it to me running it and it seemed ok but then again that was probably 30 years ago!Thanks T.J.

It came that way. There are six holes spaced around the narrow section.

Brett

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:53:46 AM »
Unless it's the big one, which has one big hole for the spraybar to pass through on the aft side.  
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:14 PM »
Well Brett you were right I got out my flashlight and my reading glasses and saw the other holes my eyes were a lot better when this engine was put away 25 years ago. Thanks T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 01:22:07 AM »
Try it on the big one .

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »
Well Brett you were right I got out my flashlight and my reading glasses and saw the other holes my eyes were a lot better when this engine was put away 25 years ago. Thanks T.J.

Make sure you clean the holes out, they are very small and may times I have seen stored engines with some holes blocked

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here