• April 17, 2024, 08:56:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: s t 51  (Read 1054 times)

Offline roy cherry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
s t 51
« on: September 17, 2020, 11:00:06 PM »
hi randy i saw in an old post that you thought that the tiger 51 was a good pipe motor   what mods were done and wich liner did you run  i am currently setting up a projeckt for low to middle order flyers in the hope that i can increase the standard in the u k   i need to use engines that every one has lying around in the attempt to purswade the guys out with not to much effort and expence      roy cherry 

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: s t 51
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 11:06:08 AM »
Hi the  engine  I spoke of  is  a  Super Tiger   G51, and  I used the  CL  sleeve,  although  either  may work, it would be  best  if you had an ABC  piston sleeve, but the  stock ones  work, A 12 1.4 x 4 .5    prop, and , The engine was also ran by many people in the  past, Windy used one  in  a  yellow  airplane he  campaigned many years  ago , the only mods  I did  was to make a  true venturi for  it, and machined a heat dam around the  glow plug
Try it, let us know  how  it is working

Randy

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: s t 51
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 06:25:57 AM »
Roy,
If you get the guys into it Brain Gardner produced ST51 ABC piston/sleeve sets at a reasonable price. He is on this forum so would suggest a PM to him for details.

Best,   DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here