Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Round plastic tank setup?

(1/3) > >>

Dennis Toth:
For some time, I have been trying to get the round RC plastic tank to work. A fellow flier has used them with the double clunk uniflow setup, and it worked well. For me it was very inconsistent. I stopped trying and switched to a hard tin tank. It was also inconsistent at first then I moved the uniflow vent line to be on the inboard side of the fuse and it was solid as a rock. I was thinking about the old round tank and thinking the vent location may have been the problem. The thing I like with the plastic tank is it is light, easily replaceable and cheap. Anyone use these how did you set up the venting?

Best,   DennisT

john e. holliday:
As you discovered with your hard tank the uni flo needs to be in clean air.   Make sure the pick up tube does not hang up.   If you do a search on here you will find some of the set ups.
 D>K

Ken Culbertson:
 y1 y1 y1
--- Quote from: john e. holliday on March 16, 2024, 11:19:51 AM ---As you discovered with your hard tank the uni flo needs to be in clean air.   Make sure the pick up tube does not hang up.   If you do a search on here you will find some of the set ups.
 D>K

--- End quote ---

Mike Greb:
This is the setup I use on my models, it is a hays tank  set on the side using the filling vent as an uniflow vent. Unfortunately  the hays tanks have been taken over by MEOCA and the 3 and 4 oz tanks have been out of stock for years.

Dan McEntee:
  A round tank really isn't any different than any other tank. Centrifugal    force is going to push the fuel load the same as it always does. The fuel pick up tube goes at he apex of the tank, that is furthest outboard, Uniflow can be a solid tube or the double cluck some like. You can twist the cork to a certain extent to affect run upright or inverted but you may want to actually raise or lower the tank a bit.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version