News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Needle valve spray bar  (Read 651 times)

Offline Fred Quedenfeld jr

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Needle valve spray bar
« on: July 02, 2019, 03:05:20 PM »
Do you seal the spray bar to the case
What sealant do you use
I was running my OS normally very consistant could not figure out what was wrong
Turned out Spray bar was loose I guess when the case heated it the problems started
thanks
Fred Q

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Needle valve spray bar
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:37:50 PM »
Do you seal the spray bar to the case
What sealant do you use
I was running my OS normally very consistant could not figure out what was wrong
Turned out Spray bar was loose I guess when the case heated it the problems started
thanks
Fred Q

Fred

That is  2 different problems  your asking  about
First the  NVA should not come loose, tightening it should  fix that problem

Second thing your asking is  leaking spray bar not sealing on the edges,  I have never had that but I have seen  many dozens of leaking NVAs not sealed  against the side,  For the  vast majority of this  I found the problem was  tiny chips  debris  etc, The mostly come from the  Spraybar threads cutting tiny pieces of the  case or venturi, Especially when using  a  delrin venturi in a true venturi, Press too hard and the threads can shave off debris, press  too little  the exact same thin can happen.  The debris  gets  stuck in the threads  and  when you tighten the nut down to hold the bar, it pushed the debris  up against the case , between the nut and case  and  ...you gotta leak...
I take a toothbrush  or  pipe cleaner and  clean the threads before the nut goes on,  I see this a lot on engines  sent back in for  rebuild.
The second thing causing leaks would be  damage to the case at the point the  bar goes thru.  Then  white  clear  black   red blue  or  grey  silicone  put on carefully with a toothpick, will seal it up with no worries.  I have sealed ones from customers  and  I use  any color silicone just so I can see it better

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here